Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ewwwww

Yuk! Just got a fun little email from reunion.com that I receive every few months--"someone is searching for you! To see who, click here!" Then you click on the link (if you're me and you really, really want to know who from your past is seeking you out) and voila--for just $59.99, you can see who! But today, for the first time, I was given a "clue" about who was searching for me--and. . . .oh. . . joy! A 46 year old man in Amsterdam and a 45 year old man in Nebraska! Rock on! Old, foreign (Nebraska's like a foreign country, right???) men are checking out my chili. And I'm scared. Very, very scared. First of all, because I don't know any 45 to 46 year old men. Secondly, because I don't know anyone in Amsterdam or Nebraska. Thirdly, because I've never created a profile. Too creepy.

On a lighter note, I learned that I once again deserve the title of "Mother of the Year" today. You see, my little girl woke up yesterday with a rash on her arm. It looks like this:
So, when she woke up with the rash, I asked her 1) Does it hurt? No. 2) Does it itch? No. 3) Do you still want to go to school? Yes. SOOOO, she went. After all, she was fever free, had been eating like a horse, sleeping great, sweet mood--all appeared to be fine. She went to school and had a great day. I woke up this morning--that pesky rash was still there. I took her to exercise (I do spin class--have I mentioned that?) with me and left her in the nursery, as always, with other children. Before I left spin, three people had stopped me and asked what was on her arm. It was THEN that I decided maybe we should visit doc. Of course, the official diagnoses from my fellow exercises included: poison ivy; hand, foot, and mouth disease (i don't want to go there--it's nasty--we'll leave it at that); an allergic reaction to deet; an allergic reaction to some new food that I hadn't fed her. We went to visit doc and our precious nurse said, "Oh, that's strep." HUH??? WHAT???? HOW??? No fever? No sore throat? No decreased appetite? No vomiting? No diarrhea? No grumpines? How do you figure? Easy. She has the rash. And guess what--after a throat culture (which I was certain was only done to take more money from us), we learned that she has strep. Woo hoo, Momma! Way to expose her to every little creature in the world! Now we'll just wait for our brother to get it . . . .I. . . can't. . . wait!

No comments: