Sunday, February 14, 2010

Time to get serious

In 236 days, I will be attending my 20th high school reunion. I started working out last August to get a true head start of getting my body "perfect" a year in advance. Here I am, 5 1/2 months later and I haven't lost an ounce. Not one. Despite doing 6 a.m. workouts for months, sweating like crazy, burning 400 + calories each workout. So, at the beginning of February, I started rebelling. For the past two weeks, I haven't exercised. Have eaten crap! Have drunk Dr. Pepper. . .and now, I'm sick of it.
I think this binge was a good thing for me, actually. I am disgusted with myself--completely disgusted--and I think you have to get THERE for make serious changes in lifestyle and diet. So today, tonight, I publicly commit to the following:
For the next four weeks (Starting tomorrow, February 15), I will:
  • exercise 5 times a week, burning a minimum of 400 calories per workout
  • drink no liquid but WATER during the week--on weekends, I am allowed a total of four glasses of wine
  • keep away from sugar (this will be super easy with the Girl Scout cookie order coming in last week--but my body is more important than cookies)
  • try to make healthier eating choices
  • try to eat every 3-4 hours

It may not make any difference, and if it doesn't, I'm getting my thyroid checked AGAIN! I'll keep you posted on the progress . . . .

No comments: