Sunday, February 10, 2008

Charity Ball, dahlin


So hubby and I went to the Junior League Charity Ball tonight for maybe the twelfth or thirteenth time in our fabulous lives. He always calls it the prom and acts like he doesn't want to go. But this year was different . . .so different. This year, the Charity Ball committee selected a honky-tonk Texas bar singer named Roger Craeger to be the entertainment of the night. Which meant . . .that everyone was supposed to wear cocktail dresses with boots and a hat. Being the renegade that I am, I decided, after weeks of deliberation (and being too fat to fit into any of my former cocktail dresses or purchase a new one at this size) to WEAR JEANS. Yes, it's true. I was the outlaw (or so I thought when we left the house) and wore my super cute jeans with black detailing and lacy stuff and crystals and rhinestones that I've had for over two years (and, in case you were wondering, were purchased for my trip to Graceland). I did find a new top--a black sweater with silver threads through it and matching large tacky crystal/rhinestone things along the neckline--it was on super clearance for a whopping $29.99 at Belk--which is less than I've ever spent on my Charity Ball ensemble. Got to the ball and. . . lo and behold--I was not alone in my jeans. Neither was Kevin. In fact, a lot of people decided to take the casual approach. We had a ball (no pun intended) and enjoyed ourselves more than ever before. Thanks to my friend Cherri for taking this picture of us and eliminating everything under my shoulders--isn't my hubby a darling cowboy???

No comments: