Saturday, February 16, 2008

Moment I NEVAH want to forget!

Okay--it must be recorded. My little angel girl, who turned three in December, just grabbed me by the cheeks (yes, she's still up at 9:30 p.m.--BAD mommy!) and said, "Mommy, you a precious girl." If you could hear the tone of voice with which she made this astonishly brilliant statement, it would be even more endearing. She is my doll baby! Thank you, Jesus, for this answer to prayer of a child!
On a totally separate note, I decided today that if you're going to jump off the diet bandwagon (which I've been on for a little more than a week), you need to take a running, flying leap out of a tall building--I made up for all the calories I've been lacking in one day flat today, and it tasted SOOO good--although I know the scale is going to be hell tomorrow. I even treated myself to a beer with my bar-b-que baked potato (imagine the hugest baked potato EVER loaded with cheddar cheese, chopped beef and bar-b-que sauce and you'll get a little picture) because hey--if you're going to screw up the diet, you as may as well really screw it up. This after I consumed 120 ounces of water yesterday . . . I deserved that beer, didn't I?? I'll get back in the saddle again tomorrow, but today did feel good and I don't think I regret the vast amount of calories and fat I put into my middle.
Went to the Woodlands today to visit my poor 96 year old grandmother. God love her. She's a perfect specimen of physical health--but the mind . . . oh the mind . . . .at least she was in a really sweet complimentary mood today and told me over and over that I just get prettier and prettier with age, which is just about the kindest thing she's ever said---that is ONE advantage to losing your mind, I guess. My past three to four conversations with her have gone as follows: "With their blonde hair and blue eyes, those children just COULDN'T be your husband's. It's just not possible." OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. No, Meems, no illicit affairs--just a strong gene pool.
Discovered a fabo picture of Meme with my aunt, uncle, four cousins and their combined ten children (one was still in utero) taken last summer, when my cousin was pregnant. Asked Meme when everyone got together, and, bless her heart, she couldn't remember. Based on the clothing, I logically deduced that they all got together to celebrate her 96th birthday on the Fourth of July. "Maybe," was the only response I could get to that suggestion. Anyhoo--how sad it is that I live less than two hours away, yet noone could pick up the phone to let our side of the family know about the celebration? How sad is it that my children have never met their second cousins, some of whom are their age? How sad is it that my cousins have gotten older, wrinkled, and well, fatter, and I stayed as fabulous as I was the last time I saw them?? I know I haven't changed at all--what happened to them??
Better get the babies to bed--it's almost ten. xoxoxoxoxo

No comments: