Wednesday, July 9, 2008

God is so Good

It's more than just a song, my friends. It's the truth. On a whim this morning, I decided to call Dr. Owens' office and see how long it would be until they could schedule an appointment for me. (It normally takes several months). After hearing about the sudden hearing loss and non-stop ringing, his precious receptionist said, "We'll see you at 1 tomorrow." So, this doctor, who normally takes months to get an appointment with, is penciling me in tomorrow AND I get to drive to Dallas by myself, which means I'll have six hours of uninterrupted music choices, choosing when and where to stop and eat, and more. I know better than to say six hours of silence, because, well, my damn ear won't stop ringing . . .sigh . . . anyway, my sweet sister-in-law, who just so happens to be an audiologist, called me and said that I had to insist on being seen by someone within 72 hours of the attack, and tomorrow at 1 will get me into that window. It made me oh so happy to call my lovely doctor in Lufkin and cancel the appointment they scheduled for Monday. Kelly, my sister-in-law, thinks it might be a viral attack on the nerve, and if it's caught in the first 72 hours, something can be done. Such good times--I'll let you know what I hear (no pun intended) tomorrow . . . .

No comments: